Load bearing straw bale construction
In this section we will go through the process of building straw bale walls that carry the roof load, load bearing straw bale construction, including:
- How to ensure the corners of the walls are plumb and correctly aligned,
- Lintels over openings, including the calculation for their height,
- Compression of straw bales,
- Creating a level structure on which to fix the rafters & /or roof trusses,
- Challenges associated with load bearing structures and its susceptibility to water damage.